Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tap tap...is this thing on?

Welcome ladies and gentlemen of the blogosphere. I've often toyed with the idea of starting one of these.  Being the avid web-surfer, blog reader, and commentary queen that I am, even having a few pieces  published in a former life, it should have been a no-brainer.  Especially given the amount of free time my current status of unemployed loafer affords.  But, having read the title, you know that nothing requiring a modicum of sustained effort is a no brainer for those of my ilk. 

It's not that we're lazy, inept, or unwilling to go the distance.  At least not most of the time.  Honest.  We're just...well...easily distracted.  Distracted enough to admit without shame that, in the time it took me to write this introductory blurb, I've already been interrupted with several texts, a cup of tea, and diverted to both Google and Facebook in search of...I already forgot.  

I equate it to baseball.  Think of me as a starter, blazing through the initial innings with a wicked 100MPH fastball.  Good stuff, but I would strongly suggest that the coach have a replacement lined up by the top of the 4th, or commence with a rain dance, if he has any intentions of winning the game.  Because by the top of the 5th, I will be showered, changed, and en route to the nearest pub. 

Believe it or not, having the attention span of a crack addicted fruit fly isn't a great recipe for success. So in the interest of self-improvement, and with the inspiration of a not-so-easily-distracted friend, Chasing Squirrels is now born.  I'm not quite sure what to expect yet as that would require thinking beyond the next five minutes.  Travel...job-search...romance...general musings on life...or in the great Seinfeldian tradition, a blog about nothing.  

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world. Maybe we can all actually keep each other motivated enough to keep up with this stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks GWL. Consider yourself followed. :)

    ReplyDelete